The 2020 vExpert Second Half Applications will open next Monday 1st June till June 20th! If you want to apply you should visit vexpert.vmware.com create an account or Login if you already have it. If you need some help to apply for vExpert I really recommend you to get in touch with one of our vExpert Pros around the world. The vExpert Pros will be able to help you with your vExpert application and also be your mentor for all things related to community. Find the vExpert PRO near you and get in touch them.
Also if you don’t want to lose this or the future possibility of application you can be notified when the Applications are Open by usign the “NOTIFY ME WHEN THE APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN” button on the vExpert Site Home Page, you will be automatically updated when the application are open, I hope to see you in this great Community!
Be a vExpert means be and It Professionist with passion and will of sharing VMware knowledge to help the community. Be a great IT Professionist only during your daily job is not enough, the real value to be a vExpert is the time out of your day to day job, the time you dedicate to this only for your passion, for yourself and the community. There are different ways to contribuite to the community: blogging, book authoring, magazine articles, CloudCred task writing, forum platforms, video making, VMUG Leadership, Public speech on a event and so on.
The following application paths are avaiable:
The Evangelist Path includes book authors, bloggers, tool builders, public speakers, VMTN contributors, and other IT professionals who share their knowledge and passion with others with the leverage of a personal public platform to reach many people. Employees of VMware can also apply via the Evangelist path. A VMware employee reference is recommended if your activities weren’t all in public or were in a language other than English.
The Customer Path is for leaders from VMware customer organizations. They have been internal champions in their organizations or worked with VMware to build success stories, act as customer references, given public interviews, spoken at conferences, or were VMUG leaders. A VMware employee reference is recommended if your activities weren’t all in public.
VPN (VMware Partner Network) Path
The VPN Path is for employees of our partner companies who lead with passion and by example, who are committed to continuous learning through accreditations and certifications and to making their technical knowledge and expertise available to many. This can take shape of event participation, video, IP generation, as well as public speaking engagements. A VMware employee reference is required for VPN Path candidates.
The VCDX path is for VCDX holders only. If you hold the VCDX title you will still need to apply for vExpert each year. We verify all VCDX applications via the VCDX Directory.
VMUG leaders dedicate a lot of personal time to the community. We want to recognize these efforts for the time spent helping and contributing to the community by awarding VMUG leaders with the vExpert Award. If you are a VMUG leader, you will need to apply to receive the award.
You probably also be intereested on the vExpert Program Benefits:
- Invite to our private #Slack channel
- vExpert certificate signed by our CEO Pat Gelsinger.
- Private forums on communities.vmware.com.
- Permission to use the vExpert logo on cards, website, etc for one year
- Access to a private directory for networking, etc.
- Exclusive gifts from various VMware partners.
- Private webinars with VMware partners as well as NFRs.
- Access to private betas (subject to admission by beta teams).
- 365-day eval licenses for most products for home lab / cloud providers.
- Private pre-launch briefings via our blogger briefing pre-VMworld (subject to admission by product teams)
- Blogger early access program for vSphere and some other products.
- Featured in a public vExpert online directory.
- Access to vetted VMware & Virtualization content for your social channels.
- Yearly vExpert parties at both VMworld US and VMworld Europe events.
- Identification as a vExpert at both VMworld US and VMworld EU.
Good Luck with your application!